Thursday, October 29, 2009
But before we jump into November '09, don't forget about the fabulous October '09 issue, sponsored by DRS Designs!! You still have time to enter the Show Us Your SheetLoad challenge for chances to win gift certificates from the sponsor!!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
The winners of our Hope Fights Blog Candy are...
30 - Candace
2 - StampinCathy
53 - SandyPie
38 - JamieB
Congratulations to everyone who won!! If you were hoping to get your hands on Hope, but didn't win her, you can purchase her for $2.50 at the Whimsie Doodles site. All of the proceeds from the sale of Hope Fights will go to Breast Cancer research.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
This adorable stamp is called 'Hope Fights' and was created by Melyssa of Whimsie Doodles. In honor of October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Melyssa is donating all proceeds from this stamp set to breast cancer research.
Since it is for such a great cause, I have purchased 4 copies and am going to give them away to 4 lucky readers!!
If you would like a chance to win the image above, just leave a comment here by Midnight CST on Monday, October 26th. Winners will be chosen using random.org on Tuesday morning. *Make sure if your comment does not link to a blog, that you leave your email address in your comment.
You can see more of Melyssa's creations at her Whimsie Doodles site.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
This month's cards were created by Katie Skiff and feature the sketch from our October '09 issue of SheetLoad of Cards.
• Matted the designer paper on layers of cardstock
• Changed PP3 to cardstock and added some ribbon and a bow
• Added a different piece of ribbon for some extra pattern
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Here is a little about the company in their own words...
DRS Designs is a small family owned company. We have been in the rubber stamp business since 1955 and have been thru many changes since that time. No change was more significant than the addition of art stamps in 1992. In the ensuing 16 years, we have grown our collection to more than 1000 original stamp designs with more being added each month. We offer online shopping from our website, a monthly club - Rubber Mania Monthly, as well as a retail store in Bethel, CT. If you are in the area, stop by our cozy Victorian shop and say hello!
We offer high quality, wood mounted rubber stamps as well as unmounted rubber depending on your preference. We have a 10 person design team and a blog that is updated daily by each member of the team. Every two weeks on a Monday, we host a blog challenge and invite you to join us! Our online site features a gallery for each designer as well as a customer gallery. We hope you will participate in our challenges and email us your cards so we can include them in our growing galleries.
We offer a wide assortment of images, sentiments (serious and humorous) as well as easy background images and technique stamps such as our stained glass and our plaid stamps.
You can find us at http://www.drsdesigns.com/ and http://drsdesignsblog.blogspot.com/
I would like to extend a HUGE THANKS to all of the wonderful ladies from DRS Designs and their design team. This issue was lots of fun to put together and working with you all was a wonderful experience!
If you would like a chance to win some DRS Designs goodies, check out this month's Shout Out to SheetLoad and Show Us Your SheetLoad.
Make sure to take advantage of their special offer for SheetLoad readers...
Thursday, October 8, 2009
In return you will be entered to win the following...
$10 Gift Certificate at DRS Designs!!!
One lucky winner will have a $10 credit at DRS Designs' online store.
Here is what you have to do to be entered to win...
- Create a Blog or Message Board* Post titled "Shout Out To SheetLoad". *Please make sure this is a Public Message Board and posting about SheetLoad does not violate any TOUs.
- Your post must include a little verbiage about SheetLoad, a picture of the October Cover, and a link to the current issue (October '09). (cover image URL: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_czeHIRGxSYI/SsOP7-vJSVI/AAAAAAAADq0/MrKWs6ihJ20/s400/Oct09_Cover_Web.jpg
- Once you have posted your message, come back to this post and leave a comment with the DIRECT link to your "Shout Out" post.
*Link must go directly to your "Shout Out to SheetLoad Post", not a main page. Indirect links will be disqualified.
**Please note - any indirect links, or links that go to a non-shout out post, will be deleted before the final drawing takes place.
Example of an INDIRECT (incorrect) link:
Rules and "the fine print"...
- Post must be up, and your link must be left here, no later than Sunday, October 18th at Midnight CST.
- Failure to link directly to the October SheetLoad issue post will result in disqualification for the prize.
- Failure to put a DIRECT link in your comment will result in disqualification.
- One (1) winner will be chosen at random using http://www.random.org/.
- Open to all Domestic and International readers
Good luck and get to shoutin'! :)
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
What you have to do...
- Create one (1) card using the sketch from the October '09 edition of SheetLoad of Cards. Download the issue for FREE here.
- Your card must have a Winter / Holiday Theme. **Note new, extra requirement
- Upload your card to an online gallery or your blog and leave a direct link in the comment section of this post.
- In that same comment tell us your fave stamp(s) from our October sponsor - DRS Designs
Upload your card and leave your comment here no later than Midnight CST on October 31st.
To do your best work, as the SheetLoad artists will be voting on their favorites to determine the winners.
The "fine print"...
- The link in your comment MUST go directly to your entry in an online gallery, or the blog post containing the entered card. (Any comments with indirect links will be disqualified.)
- If your comment does not link to a blog with "contact me" info, you MUST leave your email address in your comment. You are free to add spaces to avoid spam bots.
- Only one entry per person.
- Failure to leave a comment with your favorite stamp set(s)/product as described above, will result in disqualification.
Playing so far...
Thursday, October 1, 2009
(click on thumbnail to download the PDF file)
All of the samples in the October '09 issue feature stamps from our sponsor - DRS Designs! DRS Designs is a family-owned business ran by two sisters and their mother. Make sure to check back later this month to learn more about the company in their Sponsor Spotlight.
Cathy Indelicato, the DRS Designs DT coordinator, and some of their wonderful DT artists joined us as Guests Artists for this issue.
The sketch this month was created by Ann Seleshanko and Nikki Tanner makes her debut this month!
Because many of the samples this month feature more than one great stamp from DRS Designs' online store, I have linked up the stamps in the descriptions. You will notice some of the text has an orange box around it. Just click on the text and be taken to the page at the DRS Designs online catalog that showcases that stamp. Shopping can't get much easier than that!
Speaking of shopping... Make sure to check out the DRS Designs Ad at the top of the blog, or in the October issue for a special offer for SheetLoad readers!!! It is one you won't want to miss out on.
Our monthly challenge winners (Shout Out to SheetLoad and Show Us Your SheetLoad) will be rewarded nicely with gift certificates from DRS Designs. Make sure to come back later this month and find out how you can be entered to win.