Friday, October 2, 2009

Show Us Your SheetLoad - October '09

Since I know many of you will be celebrating World Card Making Day tomorrow, I wanted to post this challenge now...

For this month's edition of "Show Us Your SheetLoad" we are going to switch it up a bit with the requirements. Make sure if you play along frequently that you read the requirements below extra carefully. :)


What you have to do...
- Create one (1) card using the sketch from the October '09 edition of SheetLoad of Cards. Download the issue for FREE here.
- Your card must have a Winter / Holiday Theme. **Note new, extra requirement
- Upload your card to an online gallery or your blog and leave a direct link in the comment section of this post.
- In that same comment tell us your fave stamp(s) from our October sponsor - DRS Designs


What you can win...

Grand Prize:


Runner Up:


The deadline...
Upload your card and leave your comment here no later than Midnight CST on October 31st.


Make sure...
To do your best work, as the SheetLoad artists will be voting on their favorites to determine the winners.

The "fine print"...
- The link in your comment MUST go directly to your entry in an online gallery, or the blog post containing the entered card. (Any comments with indirect links will be disqualified.)
- If your comment does not link to a blog with "contact me" info, you MUST leave your email address in your comment. You are free to add spaces to avoid spam bots.
- Only one entry per person.
- Failure to leave a comment with your favorite stamp set(s)/product as described above, will result in disqualification.

Playing so far...


12 comments:

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Wow! I'm first. I just LOVE DRS stamps! I'm a "frequent buyer" with them! It's hard to pick just one favorite stamp - probably one of the snowman stamps like the one I used on my card (L001) but I also love the Santa clothes on the clothesline (H028) and the Big Head Snowman .... don't make me pick!! Just check out my cards on my blog.

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Hope this link works - having trouble with this comment section!

http://inkiefinger.blogspot.com/2009/10/sheetload-of-cards.html

Christine (Creative Journey) said...

What a great sketch! Loved all of the inspiration from the DT...beautiful work!

Here's my holiday themed card:

Merry Christmas Card

My favorite DRS stamp is the Large Filigree Snowflake (M1119)...it's fabulous!

Thanks so much for inspiring me this month!

Sandy said...

Here's my card: http://stampingwriter.blogspot.com/2009/10/sheetload-card.html

Wow, the DRS catalog is so huge I can't possibly choose a favorite. I do love the sexy kitty lounging on the chiase lounge however, it made me smile. I think it's called purrfectly relaxed.

Just wanted to say I met the owners of DRS at a local stamp show a few years ago -- super nice people, and the are good too.

stampingwriter at hotmail dot com

Call Me Crafty Al said...

everyone up to this point has been added to the slideshow. Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

I just put by entry up on my blog

DRS has a bunch of really cute stamps, I'm leaning towards Snowman lineup being my favorite right now.

Laurie Marmon said...

Please find my Sheetload inspired card here.

Looking around the DRS Design website, I see many that I wouldn't mind having for some fun cards: Halloween Kitty, Happy Kitty, Jenny Giraffe. The animals are very cute! :)

Unknown said...

Here is my card.
http://attemptcreativity.blogspot.com/2009/10/sheetload-of-cards-october-challenge.html

I don't think I can chose my favorite, but I love their winter stamps everytime I scrolled down the page I found another I liked more. Thanks for sponsoring!

Karen Brooks said...

Super cute cards!! I have to say, this is my first time utilizing the sheetloads and I am in heaven!!!

Here's just one of my cards (I'm finishing up the rest from the sheetload as soon as I finish posting):

http://craftscrapper.blogspot.com/2009/10/sheetload-of-cards.html

As for the DRS stamps, I don't own any but can see they could become very addicting!!! I think my fav DRS stamps as of right now are the sentiment stamps! There are so many catchy and cute phrases and block stamps of words that I can't decide which one I would buy first!!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Thanks to everyone for playing. Winners will be announced later this week.