Thursday, February 26, 2009
Don't forget to check out the February "Show us Your SheetLoad" and "Shout Out to SheetLoad". The deadline to win prizes is approaching.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Here is what you have to do to be entered to win...
- Create a Blog or Message Board* Post titled "Shout Out To SheetLoad".
*Please make sure this is a Public Message Board and posting about SheetLoad does not violate any TOUs.
- Your post must include a little verbiage about SheetLoad, and a link to the current issue (February '09).
- Once you have posted your message, come back and leave your DIRECT link in the Mr Linky box below. *Link must go directly to your "Shout Out to SheetLoad Post", not a main page. Indirect links will be disqualified.
Rules and "the fine print"...
- Post must be up, and your link must be left here, no later than Saturday, February 28th at Midnight CST.
- Failure to link directly to the February SheetLoad issue post will result in disqualification for the prize.
- One (1) winner will be chosen at random using http://www.random.org/.
- Open to all Domestic and International readers
Good luck and get to shoutin'! :)
The players so far...
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Joy L. Stagg - February Guest Artist http://daiseyfreak.blogspot.com/
SheetLoad Q - How many years have you been making cards? 5
SheetLoad Q - What is your favorite technique to use on cards? Paper piecing
SheetLoad Q - What is your favorite crafty site? SplitCoast Stampers
SheetLoad Q - What is a little-known or odd fact about yourself? We don't have TV/cable/satellite
SheetLoad Q - What is a recent card you have made, that would be considered a favorite? (ETA: The bunny stamp is from My Favorite Things)
SheetLoad Q - Anything else you would like our readers to know? Aside from crafting, I am a full time mental health and addictions therapist. I just celebrated my first wedding anniversary with my husband. I have the best Jack Russell Terrier ever, Polo. In addition to crafting, I love to read, travel, watch movies, am a Twilight & Harry Potter fanatic, and love to spend time with friends and family.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Thanks for all of your testing and feedback. Sometimes it is just good to stick with what you know. Right?! :)
This month two (2) lucky readers will receive some of the stamps shown here...
(Mini Stamps from JoAnn's - prize sponsored by SheetLoad of Cards)
Here is what you have to do...
- Create one (1) card using the sketch from our February issue.
- Upload your card to an online gallery** OR your blog.
- Visit Unity Stamp Company's site and find your favorite stamp(s).
- Leave a comment on this thread with a direct link to your card AND the name of your favorite Unity Stamp Company stamp set(s), no later than Midnight CST on Friday, February 27th.
- Winners will be announced here during the first week of March '09.
Here is what you can win...
Two (2) lucky winners be be chosen to share the stamps shown above!!
Grand prize = 10 sets, Runner-Up = 5 sets
The "fine print"...
- Links must go directly to your entry in an online gallery, or the blog post containing the entered card.
- If your comment does not link to a blog with "contact me" info, you MUST leave your email address in your comment. You are free to add spaces to avoid spam bots.
- Only one entry per person.
ETA: You may enter a full SheetLoad, but all of the cards in the picture should be similar and from the same issue.
The players so far...
Monday, February 2, 2009
The size in the supply list is the correct dimension - 8.5" x 11".
If you download/view the issue after 2/2/09 @ 10:30 PM CST, the error has been corrected and new files have been uploaded.
She is the lucky winner of January's "Shout Out to SheetLoad" contest.
If this is you, please send me your mailing address at email@example.com and put "January Shout Out Winner" in the subject line.
Please send your shipping address to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of "January Show Us your SheetLoad Winner".
Sunday, February 1, 2009
It seems you can view or print from the online site w/out needing a user account with Yudu. As soon as you download the file to your computer you have to log-in to view it again.
For those of you who like to download it to keep on your computer, I have added a link to the bottom of the post mentioned above.
If you just like to view it, or print it for future reference, please use the Yudu link. It should allow you to do both without logging in.
(if this seems to be more trouble I will go back to the "old way" next issue).
Ignore -- Our New "Publisher"
This month I am testing out a new publishing site, Yudu, for the eZine. You can click on the thumbnail above and be taken to a different site where it will load a browsable version of the issue.
When you turn each page, you will notice some areas light up in red for a second - all of those areas are clickable!!
If you want to find out more about an advertiser, click on their card. If you want to see more work from one of our DT members, click on their URL. When you fall in love with the stamps used on a card, just click on the card and be taken to Unity's online store!!
You can also print and save the issue from the new site/window!
Once you read through the new issue, I would love to hear your feedback on publishing it with Yudu. Please feel free to leave your thoughts/comments here.