Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Sets in this series include the following themes: Mother's Day, Father's Day, Graduation, Fourth of July and Barbecue.
This time around there are different purchase options; including partial and single sets. The image above shows all 24 sets in the series.
Get 'em while their hot.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Spellbinders' Ribbon Tags Trio Set
Retail Value $9.99
Tell your friends about this great opportunity, as well.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
You can Download this PDF to find out more about applying for the position, but here is what it says as well...
SheetLoad of Cards is looking for four (4) talented and fun cardmaker/papercrafters, who are able to showcase our ezine and sketches to their fullest. Enthusiasm for the eZine is a must, your attitude and creations will help bring more recognition to yourself, as well as SheetLoad. We want artists who love SheetLoad as much as we do and are willing to help with promotion and getting the word out.
International applicants welcome.
April 20: Deadline for “Email of Intent”
April 30: Deadline for Submission Challenge Blog Post
May 10: Chosen artists will be contacted
May 15: New artists will be announced on SheetLoad Blog
August Issue: New artists will start being added to our artist rotation.
Design Team Term: Ongoing basis, starting with August ’09 issue. Relationship may be terminated by either party, at any time.
To Be Considered…
Email your “Intent” to sheetload @comcast.net with “DT position” in the subject line. Make sure to include…
- Link to your crafting blog. If you know your monthly/daily hit count and number of “subscribers/followers”, that information is appreciated as well.
- Link to any public online galleries that show your creations
- Three of your favorite, personal, creations from the last 3 months (can either be links or attachments)
- A short bio about yourself and why you would like to design for SheetLoad
- A list of any other DTs you are on, as well as an estimate of how much time per month you can commit to SheetLoad
- Any papercrafting message boards you frequent, along with your username
- The MAILING and EMAIL ADDRESS you will be using for your DT position communication
Please make sure to include answers/responses to each point above. Failure to do so, may result in disqualification. Once your email of intent is received I will reply with our basic rules, timelines, etc.
To be considered for a DT position, your “interview” will consist of a “Submission Challenge Blog Post”. For your post…
- Choose any current or past issue of SheetLoad
- Use the provided sketch and dimensions to create three (3) cards and one (1) Beyond the Card item.
o For the cards, you are free to “make them your own”. Be sure to share in your blog post how you did so.
o For the “Beyond the Card” piece you are free to create anything; that is NOT a card, but was inspired by the sketch for the month.
- Make sure to link to the issue you chose to use.
- Email me the link to your “Submission Challenge Blog Post”, after it has went live.
General Design Team Rules:
Below are some basic guidelines for consideration. Once your Email of Intent is received, you will receive additional information about a SheetLoad DT position.
- Must be an “active blogger”; averaging at least 2-3 posts per week.
- Ability to follow instruction and adhere to deadlines is a MUST.
- Photographs/Scans of projects must be of a high quality. Any major glares, blemishes or blurriness should not appear on final image.“Staging” of photos is preferred (ie: props/backgrounds, etc.)
Online Crafting Galleries: It is preferred that you share your creations on at least one (1) online paper crafting gallery and note in the info that it is based upon an issue of SheetLoad of Cards*. *As long as it does not violate any board TOUs.
- No monetary compensation will be given to artists.
- Recognition on the SheetLoad blog with a link to DT members’ crafting blog.
- Artists will be required to use product from their own “stash” to create their projects; without reimbursement from SheetLoad.If there is a sponsor for the issue, you will be provided with product to use for that month.
- As a SheetLoad Artist, you will receive a 25% discount on product at the SheetLoad ShortCuts online store.
Other: Artists will own their creation(s) and be given credit for the work, but SheetLoad will have the right to publish online and offline for marketing, promotional purposes and other uses.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Here is how to enter...
- Create one (1) card using the sketch from our April 2009 issue of SheetLoad
- Upload your card to an online gallery or your blog.
- Come back to this post and put a DIRECT link to your card and leave a comment with your favorite The Greeting Farm stamp set(s) (does not have to be one of the sets pictured above) into Mr Linky below, no later than Thursday, April 30th.
- The "Grand Prize" winner will get first pick of the sets above, and the 2nd set will go to our "Runner Up".
The "fine print"...
- The link entered into Mr Linky MUST go directly to your entry in an online gallery, or the blog post containing the entered card. (Indirect links will be deleted periodically throughout the month.)
- If your comment does not link to a blog with "contact me" info, you MUST leave your email address in your comment. You are free to add spaces to avoid spam bots.
- Only one entry per person. ETA: You may enter a full SheetLoad, but all of the cards in the picture should be similar and from the same issue.
- Failure to leave a comment in Mr Linky with your favorite stamp set(s) as described above, will result in disqualification.
ETA: When I went to test the comment and link Mr Blinky, I noticed a couple of things... (a) Your URL IS required and it should be a direct link to your entered card... (b) Make sure to spell out the math question answer, not just type the number (ie: five, not 5)
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Melyssa Connolly - April Guest Artist http://fantastink.blogspot.com/
SheetLoad Q - How many years have you been making cards? 3
SheetLoad Q - What is your favorite technique to use on cards? Paper Piecing
SheetLoad Q - What is your favorite crafty site? SplitCoast Stampers
SheetLoad Q - What is a little-known or odd fact about yourself? I study Kung Fu and bellydance
SheetLoad Q - What is a recent card you have made, that would be considered a favorite?
SheetLoad Q - Anything else you would like our readers to know? I love to sew, especially Halloween and bellydance costumes.
Friday, April 3, 2009
And the RUNNER UP is: Shera
Thursday, April 2, 2009
In return you will be entered to win the following...
A $15 Gift Certificate to ShortCuts Online Store!
You can use your credit to purchase any of our handy products, including Gift Card Holder Folders, Clear & Frosted Card Blanks or Full Sheets, and Limited Time Buys* (*when applicable).
Here is what you have to do to be entered to win...
- Create a Blog or Message Board* Post titled "Shout Out To SheetLoad". *Please make sure this is a Public Message Board and posting about SheetLoad does not violate any TOUs.
- Your post must include a little verbiage about SheetLoad, a picture of the April Cover, and a link to the current issue (April'09). (cover image URL: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_czeHIRGxSYI/Sc5Qkk2fRpI/AAAAAAAACgQ/324EiGFpv1o/s400/April09_Cover_web.jpg)
- Once you have posted your message, come back to this post and leave your DIRECT link in the Mr Linky box below.
*Link must go directly to your "Shout Out to SheetLoad Post", not a main page. Indirect links will be disqualified.
Example of a DIRECT (correct) link: http://sheetload.blogspot.com/2009/3/ShoutOut.html
Example of an INDIRECT (incorrect) link:
Rules and "the fine print"...
- Post must be up, and your link must be left here, no later than Thursday, April 30th at Midnight CST.
- Failure to link directly to the April SheetLoad issue post will result in disqualification for the prize.
- Failure to put a DIRECT link in Mr Linky will result in disqualification.
- One (1) winner will be chosen at random using http://www.random.org/.
- Open to all Domestic and International readers
Good luck and get to shoutin'! :)
Look who's shouting...
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Use ShortCuts Clear or Frosted Card Blanks...
...along with the sketch from the April Issue of SheetLoad...
...to create a fabulous project.
You can click on each of the thumbnails above to be taken to the corresponding card created by the ShortCuts DT members.
Make sure to click on the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog header, to see how their team of artists has answered the challenge. There might be some goodies involved...
Make sure to download our latest issue, as well.