Friday, January 11, 2008

Meet the Artists - Episode 1 - Alicia Ekermans

This will be the first post in a series that will introduce SheetLoad artists to our readers. I am hoping to introduce at least one artist per week.

Today's Artist is...
Alicia Ekermans - SheetLoad Founder, Sketch and Sample Artist
http://callmecraftyal.blogspot.com

(who knew it would be so hard to find a photo of just myself... hee hee)

SheetLoad Q - How many years have you been making cards? I have always been kinda crafty, but just in the last few years have I become obsessed with making cards (or at least collecting stuff to make them).

SheetLoad Q - What is your favorite technique to use on cards? I would have to say distressing. I don't think my cards looked finished until there are some inked or distressed edges. My favorite new tool is the CTMH edge distresser - never leave home without it.
I also like how inking the edges makes it look like the smudge next to the stamp is supposed to be there. ha ha ha

SheetLoad Q - What is your favorite crafty site? For craft chat, swaps and challenges, it definitely has to be my message board Paper Crafters {Anonymous}. We are like a big family on there.
For crafty techniques I usually check out Splitcoast Stampers. They always have intriguing tutorials.
I have also been dabbling in Digital Scrapbooking and have found the ladies and product at Scrapbook Bytes to be awesome as well.
If you are wanting to attend awesome cyber crops, you have to stop by ScrapShotz!! Their DT members do awesome tutorials and games throughout the crop weekends. Their first crop of the year is the weekend of January 18 - 20.

SheetLoad Q - Are you a member of any manufacturer or web-site design teams? Nope, just my own. If you can't join 'em - create your own team. :)

SheetLoad Q - What is a little-known or odd fact about yourself? My baby's daddy is an alien. Really. (Okay, so he is a Resident Alien, but there is still "alien" in there)

SheetLoad Q - What is a recent card you have made, that would be considered a favorite? It has to be my "5 Golden Rings" card that I made for a swap on PC{A}. We were to use any lyric or word from "12 Days of Christmas" and have it inspire a card to send off.


If you look closely on the there are 5 different types of gold circles/rings. Can you find them?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute picture of you and Presleigh!!
Just love the eZine Sheetload cards.
It is really great to meet you and see all your beautiful creative works of art.

Linda

Anonymous said...

What a great way to learn a bit more about you and your designers!! Thanks Alicia

Barbara DeBose said...

This is great! It will be awsome to get to know and see the artists!

Lee said...

Alicia, this is a wonderful idea. I am the proud owner of the 5 Golden Rings card, it is BEAUTIFUL!

Michelle said...

This is such a wonderful feature to you ezine!!! That card of your's is *gorgeous*!!! :]

jenstamps said...

Great idea Alicia!!! It was nice to read so much about you. And Presleigh is just gorgeous!!!