Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sponsor Spotlight - Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps


It is time to shine a spotlight on our August 2009 sponsor, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. Here is a little about the company in their own words...


First, I'd like to thank Alicia for the opportunity to sponsor SheetLoad this month. It has been a joy to work with her and her design team and I look forward to doing so again in the future!

Second, a little about me and my small stamp company... I started Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps with little to no expectations. It was something that God allowed me to do through the talent he gave me and the encouragement of others. A homeschooling mother of three and consultant for a well-known stamp company, I certainly had no intentions of designing my own line of stamps or starting my own stamp company, but it's amazing what can happen when you step out of the way and allow God to use you!

It all started in the fall of 2007. I was on a mission to find a cute, child-friendly knight stamp I could use for my son's 5th birthday party invitations. I scoured the Internet, but couldn't find anything I liked, so I decided I'd try my hand at drawing a knight myself. I took art in high school and enjoyed doodling, but never had any formal art classes or training so, to say the least, I didn't expect much. My intention, if my image was satisfactory, was to make copies of the image onto cardstock so that I could mass produce the invitations, but something much more exciting happened! Not only did I like my little knight image, but so did many of my family, friends and blog readers. I thought they were all crazy when they suggested I make him into a stamp, but the idea was interesting so I decided to look into it. Soon after, Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps was born and almost 2 years and over 80 stamp sets later, my meager little stamp company is still going strong for the glory of the Lord!

From the start, I vowed to God that this would be HIS business. Not only would I provide the stamping community with "sweet and sassy" images, but I would also focus on making more of the scriptures from God's Word available to stampers. Almost every new release includes at least one scripture stamp set which can be used alone or with other stamps/images. It has been my desire to provide the Christian stamping community with scripture they can use on their paper crafting projects that will uplift, encourage, edify and inspire those who receive it. I have been encouraged so many times along this journey by stampers just like you, who have found our stamps to be a blessing in their own ministries of encouraging others. God has used this little stamp company in big ways! It's more than just another stamp company. It's a ministry dedicated to sharing the love of Christ through paper crafting!

I hope you'll stop by our website and a have a look around. We have over 80 wonderful clear stamp sets as well as over 40 fantastic digital stamps which can be downloaded and used instantly! You are sure to find something you like at a price that is just right for you.

May you see God's blessings each day,
Korin Sutherland

Make sure to check out the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog for lots of inspiration and don't forget about their special discount offer for SheetLoad readers!! (See ad at top of blog for details or find their offer on the inside front cover of the August '09 issue)

Korin, thank you so much for sharing your stamps and your design team with us for the August issue. It was a joy to work with you as well!

No comments: