Tuesday, July 28, 2009
July's issue marks the last time that Lisa, one of our sample artists, will be featured. Please join me in sending her off with some well wishes and thanks...
Lisa - Thank you so much for all of your hard work and dedication over the past couple of years. I am so glad you are my sister... I won't have to miss you totally.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Today's cards were created by Jessica George and feature the sketch from our July '09 issue of SheetLoad of Cards and the April Showers digital stamp from Squigglefly.
• There are more layers, with the matting, on this card.
• Umbrella is cut out and pop-dotted to add a 3-D effect.
• Prima flowers are layered to coordinate with all colors featured.
• A Clear Card Blank from ShortCuts was used.
• The image was cut out and mounted on coordinating white cardstock, so Rain Dots could be used in place of the drops on the digital image.
• Patterned paper layer is hand-cut and the sentiment is stamped onto a tag.
• The umbrella is popped up and the Primas are layered as in the "Special Card" above.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
I hope you will stop by their online store and read the latest news on their blog.
Instant downloads, low cost, the ability to change the size of your images, and no storage problems make digital the way to go. With over 300 unique images starting at just 99 cents, Squigglefly is the largest digital stamp company on the internet with the widest variety of images for all your card making and scrapbooking needs.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Show Us Your SheetLoad - June '09
Grand Prize: AmyLynn
Runner Up: Angie
Ladies, please email your address to me at email@example.com with "June Show Us Your SheetLoad Winner" in the subject line.
Shout Out to SheetLoad - June '09
SMK, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with "June Shout Out Winner" in the subject line. I will give you details on how to redeem you prize.
Thank you so much to everyone who particpated in our June Challenges.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Today's Artist is Alma, who made her debut in the July '09 issue. Please read on to learn more about Alma and help me welcome her to the team.
SheetLoad Q - How long have you been making cards? 3 years and still learning
SheetLoad Q - What is your favorite technique to use on cards? Distressing
SheetLoad Q - What is your favorite crafty site? SplitCoast Stampers
SheetLoad Q - What is a little-known or odd fact about yourself? I am too much of a perfectionist. Everything has to be "just right" and in the right place. Throughout the years, I've learned to become more laid back since having children, but still a little freaky about some things like cleanliness - LOL!
SheetLoad Q - What is a recent card you have made, that would be considered a favorite?
SheetLoad Q - Anything else you would like our readers to know? It's been an honor and a pleasure to meet so many wonderful crafters from all over and be part of a huge crafting community. So many of you have given me so much inspiration in the last 3 years that I have been papercrafting. Thanks to you all!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Here is how to enter...
- Create one (1) card using the sketch from our July 2009 issue of SheetLoad
- Upload your card to an online gallery or your blog.
- Come back to this post and leave a comment with the DIRECT link to your card and your favorite stamp(s) from Squigglefly's Online Store, no later than Thursday, July 30th.
- The "Grand Prize" winner will receive Four (4) FREE Digital Stamps of their choice, and the "Runner Up" will be awarded Two (2) FREE Digital Stamps of their choice.
The "fine print"...
- The link in your comment MUST go directly to your entry in an online gallery, or the blog post containing the entered card. (Any comments with indirect links will be disqualified.)
- If your comment does not link to a blog with "contact me" info, you MUST leave your email address in your comment. You are free to add spaces to avoid spam bots.
- Only one entry per person. ETA: You may enter a full SheetLoad, but all of the cards in the picture should be similar and from the same issue.
- Failure to leave a comment with your favorite stamp set(s)/product as described above, will result in disqualification.
Playing so far...
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Make sure to visit the Caardvarks gallery for lots of great "eye candy" and check back here to see how our team met the challenge as well.
A bit about Caardvarks, in their own words...
Make sure to head on over to their new challenge post to find out how you can play along and win ShortCuts goodies!!
Caardvarks is all about making cards and having fun doing it. We know many scrapbookers who have zero confidence in their card-making skills. Caardvarks is always there, offering up themes to give them a starting point. We host card challenges on the 5th and 20th of each month. We’ve been doing it for over two years! If you keep an eye on the blog, you’ll see that we occasionally throw in a micro challenge (24 hour down & dirty challenge) as well as celebrity and reader spotlights. There is always a prize up for grabs and fun to be had!
In return you will be entered to win the following...
Four (4) FREE Digital Stamps from our July sponsor - Squigglefly!!
Here is what you have to do to be entered to win...
- Create a Blog or Message Board* Post titled "Shout Out To SheetLoad". *Please make sure this is a Public Message Board and posting about SheetLoad does not violate any TOUs.
- Your post must include a little verbiage about SheetLoad, a picture of the July Cover, and a link to the current issue (July '09). (cover image URL: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_czeHIRGxSYI/SkrXGrBXFRI/AAAAAAAADOg/7Q3qMLuSFuQ/s400/July09_Cover_Web.jpg)
- Once you have posted your message, come back to this post and leave a comment with the DIRECT link to your "Shout Out" post.
*Link must go directly to your "Shout Out to SheetLoad Post", not a main page. Indirect links will be disqualified.
Example of an INDIRECT (incorrect) link:
Rules and "the fine print"...
- Post must be up, and your link must be left here, no later than Thursday, July 30th at Midnight CST.
- Failure to link directly to the July SheetLoad issue post will result in disqualification for the prize.
- Failure to put a DIRECT link in your comment will result in disqualification.
- One (1) winner will be chosen at random using http://www.random.org/.
- Open to all Domestic and International readers
Good luck and get to shoutin'! :)